- Managing the Tenant/Customer Experience During COVID-19 - Webinar with BOMA Georgia
April 23, 2020 at 1:30 pm
Free for BOMA Members with promo code BOMA
This webinar will share how the Oxford Platform Services team is working to stay ahead of the Covid-19 pandemic with its customer/tenant experience at the forefront of our thinking. The full scope of “customer experience” is an outside-in discussion which includes both the tenant/customer experience as well as the employees’ experience. Webinar topics will include: The Discipline of a COVID Working Group; Communicating with Tenants/Customers: Details or not?; Showing you care: the Employee Experience; and Ideas to Reduce Operating Costs. Register here and use promo code BOMA to attend for free.
New Registrants: If this is your first time registering for an event with BOMA Georgia, you will need to create a new account. Once your account is created, you can complete your registration.
- 3 Keys to Successfully Working Remote - In the face of COVID-19, some workers now find themselves for the first time in a remote work environment. In this video Cynthia Mills of The Leaders’ Haven offers three ideas to keep in mind for those seeking to make their remote work experience productive and successful. Click here to learn more on how to make the most of your remote work experience.
- Managing and Leading Remote Employees - As the workforce responds to the challenges of COVID-19, so too must leaders respond if they want to effectively lead their teams during this challenging time. Leaders must remain consistent by offering regular virtual face-to-face opportunities and clear ways to be contacted and communicate while working in this new environment. Finally, leaders must focus on building community in this new virtual environment by attempting to virtualize experiences that their teams would have if they were in an in-person office. Click here to learn more about how to lead your employees during this challenging time.
- Effective Leadership in a Crisis - While effective leadership in a crisis may seem different, leadership coach Cynthia Mills of The Leaders’ Haven reminds us that ‘leadership is leadership.’ Starting from that premise, Cynthia reminds viewers of some core leadership characteristics to keep in mind during a crisis. Leaders are dealing with an increase in the frequency and magnitude of information when experiencing a crisis. Those leaders will be challenged to balance the human needs with the business needs. Clickhere to learn more on how to being an effective leader in a crisis.
- Long-Term Uncertainty and the Decision Making Process - Making decisions during a period of long-term uncertainty is one of the more challenging components of leadership in response to crises such as the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to be effective, Cynthia Mills of The Leaders’ Haven outlines three different disciplines that leaders need to keep in mind when making short-term and long-term decisions during periods of uncertainty. Click hereto learn more.
- Coronavirus Webinar in Partnership with BOMA Georgia and APIC - In this free BOMA Georgia webinar, conducted in partnership with the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), Infection Prevention Manager Krystle Johnson, RN, MSN, CIC, will provide attendees with the key facts they need to know about the Coronavirus and the threat it poses to commercial real estate. Attendees will also discover the role they can play in preventing the spread of the disease at their properties and businesses. Houston BOMA Members will need to create an account on the BOMA Georgia website to access the webinar.
- Effectively Managing and Leading Remote Employees During An Evolving Situation: Webinar in Partnership with BOMA Georgia
Is leadership different when facilitating employee success in a virtual environment? Do some employees flourish better than others? While many of us have experienced partial virtual work environments, we have never been in a forced virtual environment for an undetermined amount of time before. How can we identify and address the differences in our team members and help them thrive individually? What leadership characteristics do we need to demonstrate to them in an ever-evolving situation and an uncertain environment? Join us for an informative session and explore solutions to help alleviate the worries and maximize the productivity of your teams for the weeks ahead. Houston BOMA Members will need to create an account on the BOMA Georgia website to access the webinar.
- Improving your Effectiveness as a Remote Employee In Unusual Times: Webinar Hosted in Partnership with BOMA Georgia
While many of us have policies that have allowed us to enjoy the benefits of partial virtual work, we have entered a time when we may be forced into total virtual work for a longer period of time. There are a few essentials that all virtual environments need in place in order to function well, and there are others that have to do with the psychological impact of being externally forced into this arrangement, along with personality styles that are well-suited and some that are not for this environment. We’ll take a look at basic principles of being a successful remote employee, explore some actions that everyone can take to manage work styles, address engagement preferences, consider reducing stress in an ever-evolving environment, answer questions about challenges everyone is facing, and explore problem-solving together. Houston BOMA Members will need to create an account on the BOMA Georgia website to access the webinar.
A Video Series on the Infection Control Basics from an Epidemiologist on Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control:
- Infection Control Basics- Cleaning and Waste Management - In this video, Infection Prevention Manager, Krystle Johnson RN, MSN, CIC, with Emory Healthcare discusses building and office cleaning, as well as the disposal of waste. Krystle discusses cleaning needs and frequency for high-touch surfaces, as well as considerations for higher trafficked areas of a building and amenities like the office gym. Click here to learn more on how to properly keep your building/office space clean along with other helpful information.
- Infection Control Basics - Face Masks and Face Touching - In this video, Infection Prevention Manager, Krystle Johnson RN, MSN, CIC, with Emory Healthcare discusses the use of face masks in infectious disease prevention and control. It is important to know when and when not to use face masks to avoid the spread of infectious disease. Improper use of face masks not only depletes resources, but can also increase the risk of spreading disease. Click here to learn more on the basics of Infection Control.
- Infection Control Basics - Hand Hygiene - In this video, Infection Prevention Manager, Krystle Johnson RN, MSN, CIC, with Emory Healthcare shares information on hand hygiene that can help reduce the spread of infectious disease. Hand hygiene is a critical component of infection prevention. Krystle discusses the ideal duration of hand washing, water temperature, and often-missed areas when washing hands. She also discusses the use of hand sanitizing solution. Clickhere to learn more about Hand Hygiene.
- Physical Distancing Practices - infectious disease expert Kim Delahanty outlines the practice of physical distancing and its effectiveness in slowing the spread of diseases like the COVID-19 virus. Delahanty shares practical advice on how the public can incorporate these practices into their day-to-day while remaining socially connected and caring for loved ones. Click here to learn more on practicing physical distancing.