Houston BOMA and SPEER Partner to Offer Building Operator Certification Level I Course Series
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Posted by: Shannon Roberts
Building Operator Certification Level I Course Series
February 7 - March 28, 2018
Houston BOMA has partnered with the South-central Partnership for Energy Efficiency as a Resource (SPEER) to offer Building Operator Certification Level I Course Series. Members can save on the course with promo code: bomaboc2018. Download the flyer here for more information.
BUILDING OPERATOR CERTIFICATION (BOC®) is a national workforce training and certification program offering facilities personnel the job skills and knowledge to improve the energy performance of their buildings. The BOC® credential is now aligned with ISO 17024 and is widely recognized by employers, government agencies, and the facilities management industry as a rigorous, trustworthy and industry-validated credentialing program.
The BOC Level I Course series offers eight one-day classes comprised of classroom training, project assignments to be completed at the participant’s facility, and in-class exams administered at the end of each day of training.
A total of 74 hours of classroom training and five project assignments include the following topics and class dates (tentative):
• February 7: 1001 A - Energy Efficient Operations of Building HVAC Systems
• February 8: 1001 B - Energy Efficient Operations of Building HVAC Systems
• February 14: 1002 - Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
• February 21: 1003 - Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
• February 28: 1004 - HVAC Controls Fundamentals
• March 7: 1005 - Indoor Environmental Quality
• March 21: 1006 - Four Common Opportunities for Operational Improvement
• March 28: Supplemental course
Learn more and register for this course online here.
Members can save on the course with promo code: bomaboc2018.